Smoothie tip: It's best not to add milk to white tea as this reduces the levels of antioxidants.
White Tea & Ginseng Smoothie RecipeServings: 2 Servings
- 1 tsp. white tea leaves or 1 white tea bag
- 1 tsp. sliced ginseng root or ginseng powder
- 8 fl. oz water; very hot not boiling
- 1 small wedge of honeydew melon; peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 pineapple rings; chopped
- 5 fl. oz freshly squeezed orange juice
InstructionsPlace the tea leaves (or tea bag) in a heatproof jug, add ginseng and pour over the water. Let stand for 2-3 minutes, then strain if using tea leaves and ginseng root, or remove the tea bag. Let cool. Speed up the cooling process by adding 2-3 ice cubes to the jug.
Place the melon and pineapple in your blender with the orange juice. Pour in tea and process until smooth.
Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
More smoothie recipes and ideas: